DCSFA U14 GIRLS
The following squad of girls have been selected for 2016-17.
- Rebecca Bell (Hermitage Academy, Chester-le-Street)
- Grace Boyes (St Wilfrid’s RC College, South Shields)
- Jasmine Elliott-Wood (St Thomas More RC, Blaydon)
- Niamh Hilditch (St Bede’s RC, Lanchester)
- Caitlyn Jackson (St Bede’s RC, Peterlee)
- Freya Johnson (Teesdale School, Barnard Castle)
- Ellie Jayne Laidler (St Thomas More RC, Blaydon
- Molly Anne Maguire (Durham Johnston)
- Lauren Mallows (North Durham Academy)
- Libbi McInnes (Oxclose Community Academy)
- Tia McKitterick (Sandhill View Academy, Sunderland)
- Jasmine McQuade (St Bede’s RC, Peterlee)
- Courtney Mole (Whitworth Park School, Spennymoor)
- Erin Nicholson (Park View, Chester-le-Street)
- Jessica Ridley (St Robert of Newminster RC, Washington)
- Mia Ross (Whitworth Park School, Spennymoor)
- Nicole Scott (Sedgefield Community College)
- Abby Towers (Venerable Bede CE, Ryhope)
- Catherine Wilson (Hummersknott Academy, Darlington)
- Chloe Wymer (Bishop Barrington School, Bishop Auckland)
DCSFA U16 GIRLS
The following girls have been selected for 2016-17.
- Jael Anderson (Kepier, Houghton-le-Spring)
- Daisy Appleton (Carmel College, Darlington)
- Jenny Ashton (St Leonard's RC, Durham)
- Holly Brace (St Anthony's Girls Catholic Academy, Sunderland)
- Sarah Clifford (Carmel College, Darlington)
- Ellie Gutcher (St Joseph's Catholic Academy, Hebburn)
- Abbie Lambert (St Bede's RC, Lanchester)
- Bethany Middlemas (Hermitage Academy, Chester-le-Street)
- Natalie Clarke (St Bede's RC, Lanchester)
- Dominyka Podziute (Southmoor Academy, Sunderland)
- Alexis Prest (Red House Academy, Sunderland)
- Melissa Storey (Hetton School)
- Bethany White (Hebburn School)
- Sharna Wilkinson (Harton College of Technology)
- Rachel Woolston (Biddick Academy, Washington)
Durham County Schools’ Football Association is seeking to appoint an administrator who will be responsible for the organisation, administration and delivery of schools’ football across Durham County.
Applicants will have had extensive administration/practical experience and knowledge of working in schools’ football i.e. school, association and county level and will be familiar with the specific structures and organisation of schools’ football within the Durham County Schools’ FA.
There may be an opportunity for funding for this post via ESFA.
Applicants should apply to the Chairman of DCSFA, Mr Michael Lindsay via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) together with a CV, stating how they would expand and develop schools football within Durham County.
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm on Friday 26th August 2016
For further details regarding this post please use this link: JOB DESCRIPTION.
ESFA CHAIRMAN'S NEWS AUGUST 2016
Annual General Meeting 2016
The Chief Executive has confirmed to everyone that the ESFA AGM will be on Saturday 10 September 2016, as had been previously intimated. The venue has now been confirmed as the Wesley Hotel in Central London, more or less adjacent to Euston Station. The plans are to hold a Special General Meeting in the morning followed by the AGM. As part of their Service Level Agreement County Schools Football Associations are committed to attending one meeting a year with the ESFA and we now have a confirmed attendance of nearly 70 of our Associations.
Following on from the recent vacancy in the North Region we now have another in the Midlands following the recent resignation of John Appleby. Our Chief Executive has notified the relevant County and District Associations. John has been a superb Council Member and during his time on Council he was of course ESFA Chairman.
School Coaching Courses
The boys and the girls’ courses take place this month. The Under 17 boys course begins on Saturday 20 August 2016 and they depart the following Wednesday (4 nights). The Under 14 girls course will start on Monday 22 August and will also conclude on Wednesday 24 August (2 nights).
Andy Weston and Steve Swallow are to be congratulated for having now met with all 44 County Schools Football Associations. I am told that twenty-eight counties have applied for the administration grant of up to £4K per year for 3 years. A second window for applications is open until Monday 12 September.
Sadly, Steve has tendered his resignation from the ESFA as he has accepted a job outside the world of football. We thank Steve for the very good work he has done during his short time with us.
ESFA 10 / 25 / 40 / 50 Year Awards
Nominations are now open and need to be with Sue Gifford in the ESFA Office by 31 August 2016.
SAFIB Rod Houston Under 14 Girls Cup
The Schools Association Football International Board (SAFIB) will be organising a girls’ tournament, a parallel event to the Allen McKinstry Boys Cup, in October 2016. The tournament will be held at the Lilleshall National Sports Centre in Shropshire. SAFIB anticipate that the Girls Under 14 Champions from Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Wales, as well as the ESFA, will take part. The ESFA Under 14 Girls Champions will be taking part, Thomas Telford School.
SAFIB Allen McKinstry Under 14 Boys Cup
As the 2015-2016 National Under 13 Champions it has been agreed that Thomas Telford School will be asked to represent England and the ESFA at the tournament which will take place in Cardiff from Friday 19 May to Sunday 21 May 2017.
You may or may not be aware that I currently represent the ESFA on the FA Council. This season I have been a member of the FA Development, Disability, Referees and Youth Committees as well as the National Game Board.
The FA Council Summer Meeting took place recently and I was elected to the Women’s and Girls Committee. Their first meeting of the new season is on Monday 15 August so let me know if you have any issues that need raising. It will be more useful to the ESFA for me to be on the Women’s and Girls Committee rather than being a member of the Referees Committee.
The Summer Meeting also had a presentation from Dan Ashworth, the FA Technical Director, on England’s performance in the Euro 2016 Championships. Greg Clarke, formerly Chairman of the Football League, is being considered as the next FA Chairman. There are 2 meetings in August when the FA Chairmanship will be discussed by the FA Council.
The FA website is to be completely revamped. Several County FAs have expressed the opinion that they are constantly under pressure to provide an increasing amount of information for The FA. Those of you who sit on County Boards will no doubt be aware of these concerns. The ESFA too is asked to provide the FA with information on a regular basis as part of our current Business Plan with them.
Next page: DCSFA Officers